The University will notify the campus community in the event of an emergency. Depending on the nature of the incident, some or all of the following methods are used:
1. The University of Alabama website
3. University E-mail (Crimson Email)
5. Indoor Campus PA System: Internal UA emergency alert system deployed in all academic buildings, libraries, and most residence halls
6. Outdoor Warning System: External UA emergency alert system that broadcasts tones and voice messages. The system is deployed across campus.
7. Tornado Siren (managed by Tuscaloosa Emergency Management Agency)
8. Buses/Transloc (displays tornado watch/warning information on marquee). Buses do not operate during a tornado warning.
9. NOAA Weather Radio (Available for purchase at the UA Supply Store)
10. Digital Signage
11. VoIP Telephones
12. Desktop Alerts
13. Social Media ( Twitter @UA_Safety)
14. UA Safety App
15. UA Info Radio 92.5 FM
16. Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) IPAWS