The Division of Strategic Communications will notify the campus community in the event of an emergency. Depending on the nature of the incident, some or all of the following methods are used:
1. The University of Alabama website
3. University E-mail (Crimson/BamaMail)
5. Indoor Campus PA System: Internal UA emergency alert system deployed in all academic buildings, libraries, and most residence halls
6. Outdoor Warning System: External UA emergency alert system that broadcasts tones and voice messages. The system is deployed across campus.
7. Tornado Siren (managed by Tuscaloosa Emergency Management Agency)
8. Buses/Transloc (displays tornado watch/warning information on marquee)
Buses do not operate during a tornado warning.
9. NOAA Weather Radio (Available for purchase at the UA Supply Store)
10. Digital Signage
11. VoIP Telephones
12. Desktop Alerts
13. Social Media ( Twitter @UA_Safety)
14. UA Safety App
15. UA Info Radio 92.5 FM
16. Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) IPAWS