- Leave the area.
- Call the University Police at 205-348-5454.
- Do not use ignition sources (cigarettes, electrical devices, etc.).
- Do not turn on lights or other electrical switches.
- Warn others in the area.
- Meet with responding personnel to identify the location of the odor.
- Call the University Police at 205-348-5454 or 911.
- Prevent sources of ignition. Do not turn on lights or other electrical switches.
- Evacuate the building.
- Do not re-enter building until authorized by emergency responders.
- While outside, tell others not to enter the building/area.
- If needed, meet with responding personnel to provide additional information.